Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ok, I'm back...

...kind of.  I'm finding it pretty difficult to put a coherent thought together these days.  However, Sophie, the great tornado, has (sniffle, sniffle) gone off to preschool a few mornings a week so I now have a few hours of quiet during the week. 


So, you want the devastated mom line about how hard it was to send her to school or do you want the truth?   Truth is, it wasn't that hard and I didn't cry.  I know my kid.  She is very social and thrives on being around other kids.  A tiny part of me feared she'd hate it, but I was pretty confident she was going to love it.  That said she surprised me by bolting to the door and screaming during the open house--but that had more to do with the fact that she HATES to be contained.  She didn't see all the toys--only the closed door.  Day one of school she was fine, she held onto my legs for 5 minutes and then forgot I was there.  My heart was in my throat for about five minutes as I left the room and then...I was all good.  


Truth be told, the silence is amazing!!! Not to mention the ability to give Olivia more me time--something that is very hard to do with an active toddler around, especially one whose favorite things to do include: running, jumping, swinging, coloring, and destroying anything that belongs to mommy.  Also, did I mention that Mommy's participation is required in all of the aforementioned activities?  Can't lie though...the non-stop running around and constant nursing has melted away baby weight at record speed.  So I've got that going for me...which is nice.  However, I really do need to curtail my eating.  My friend Heather sent over a whole tray of cornbread with her chili the other night and I have polished off more than 1/2 of it already.  he, he.  


So today Oli and I ventured out to Panera in Alexandria.  She is comfortably asleep (ok, was asleep) in her car seat and I am enjoying a spinach and bacon souffle and a caramel latte.  I'm giddy like a school girl right now.  I'm also stalling because I can't quite remember what I was going to write about today. Right, that said let it be known that baby brain DOES NOT go away when the baby is born.  In fact, if it's possible, I'm more loopy now than when I was preggers.  


Focus, Cara, focus.


Ok, so I am going to start posting some random thoughts under the title, "I Know This Much Is True".   Basically reflections on the past few weeks, comparisons between Sophie and Oli's first weeks and mullings on two kids.  Also, going to get back to relevant articles for pregnant women in the area.  One long over due post will be on pre-natal/post partum exercise options in the area.


For Friday, something fun... a new giveaway and discount.  
  

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! It sounds like you're figuring it all out, step by step. Can't wait to meet the little one and see Sophie.

    ReplyDelete