Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hello & Welcome


Hi and welcome to Expecting Inside the Beltway.  I have to admit it’s taken me longer than I hoped to get this blog up and running.  I originally conceived the idea at the end of December, shortly after finding out that I was pregnant with my second child. (BTW, I really could have gone for the pun on conceived there but spared you—you won’t always be so lucky)  However, just when I thought I was going to get this thing going I was hit with wicked morning sickness. 

Let me sidebar here and talk a bit about morning sickness for anyone new at this pregnancy thing: You may make it through your entire first trimester with just some nausea and fatigue.  That’s how it was for me during my first pregnancy.  I wasn’t so lucky this time around.  This time I was knocked on my arse.  I was exhausted, nauseous, and had wicked headaches everyday and NOT just in the morning.  Granted I wasn’t puking out the window of my car on 395, but it was pretty bad, I really couldn’t function.  Now I am much more sympathetic to women with morning sickness.  Really, it should be called the first trimester flu or first trimester blahs, but again that would be false advertising since some of my friends were sick for more than half their pregnancy.  A few weeks ago I entered my second trimester and by week 14 I regained enough energy to get this started.  So here we are now at week 17.  Only 23 weeks to go.

Oh and I have no illusions -- I am fully aware of the fact that I am basically just talking to myself right now and, truth be told, I feel a bit ridiculous.  But aside from being personally cathartic I hope this blog will actually be of use to someone…some day. 

Tomorrow I will explain the name of the blog and talk local docs, hospitals and some things you might want to have on hand early in your pregnancy…



No comments:

Post a Comment